4/27/2010

Sometime This Hour

|



I've been holding onto the rope for a long time now, the tension pulling at the pieces.
Ever since I fell out, I've been reaching for these life savers, these things that people throw out to me. Will you let me drown...?

I don't understand how the hardest thing about holding on isn't the pain you endure. It isn't the burning sensation through your hands nor the discouragement from others. It isn't the thought of losing whatever it is, no matter how much I wish it was. It's having to let go.

I got tired of reaching for visions that are only that.
I allow the rope to slip from my fingers and float between tendrils to the bottom--Now I know what I believe in.

And I think to myself:
So this is what its like...
To breathe for the first time.

3 Confessions:

Anonymous said...

I went through this feeling just a while back and i'm glad its over :]

Jennings said...

beautiful, you are truly amazing as a writer and as a person. i wish i understood this piece better.

i won't let you drown love. <3

Anonymous said...

other peoples expectations of you don't matter. they dont know whats best. set your own goals, and have the freedom to change the whenever you want.

Post a Comment