For JarBear

I've thought it was strange, a peculiar thing, whenever I would find a flowers bent (ever so slightly) and amazingly in unison towards one direction. It was mentioned in my Biology class two years ago that they did that in order to survive. Since then, it has fascinated me how flowers and plants had that tendency to grow towards the sun, or actually any source of light, but I suppose it made sense. It followed the "Survival of the Fittest". Light: a necessity to life. Virtually everything would die without it. I've seen vines and leaves grow over each other, even block one another to be the one on top. 
You know... I'm like that. Me. I see it everyday, and even take part in this cycle, but nobody really reveals it dry. Probably because we don't want to accept our barbaric side. I find myself among the smaller leaves, the thinner vine, or the weak. I don't expect to be able to sustain myself much longer than I already have.
The sun doesn't shine in my direction anymore, and I don't know why. It means I ought to be dying.
But I don't mind, because you provide my light. 
If you let me, I think I'll go in your direction.

4 Confessions:

Jennings said...

love you, hope things work out with jarbear, you absolutely deserve the most light. gah wish we could do something sometime. maybe spring break? i text you.

Katie Gibbs4 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Katie Gibbs4 said...

You are a good writer and if you need me to beat someone or something for you I will :)
March 3, 2010 12:22 PM

Reposted, because original was deleted. Sorry Katie >.< Had to take out my name.

Anonymous said...

you could have any guy you wanted

Post a Comment