2/13/2010

Hello, I missed you.

|

It has been a long period, longer than 2π, 4π or even the dreaded monthlies, of time since I've last seen your lovely face. But, dear, I am back for you, and I missed you so. I've craved your breath on my face and the feeling of your hands in mine. Let us speak with our eyes and hear through our mouths.

There are so many things I've seen since I left, and many more I want to share with you, love.

Have you ever found kisses in pockets? Or a piece of hope in the mail box? Ever seen a person's soul stolen with the permission of only the word "yes"? Maybe even a cat helping an old lady cross the street?

No? Ah, beloved, there are so much more to even wonder! If you look at my palm, you can see every scar and rough ridge I earned from working in the cloud mines. You'll find the trail of loving fingers left burning badges into my skin. Have you ever buried your toes in dreams and found swimming stars below your feet? Have you ever smelled Spring's hair and traveled in time? I have.

I've sifted through files of ambition and I've peeked through wishes. I've played hide'n'go seek with sin, and I've inhaled forgiveness. I've spoken to mountains and I've sung with the earth. I've done anything imaginable and everything thought of in the time I've been missing. . .

But, dear, I am back for you, and I missed you so.

2 Confessions:

Anonymous said...

More beautifully expressed emotions NingNing. Thank you.

Jennings said...

i can't find adequate words to express how amazing your writing is. it makes me feel pathetic, that i rely on overused cliche's and empty illustrations. your words mean something, they have significance. like "have you ever buried your toes in dreams and found swimming stars beneath your feet". truly beautiful.

Post a Comment