7/11/2009

Hi Stranger

|

I check the number. It was the correct one, so I sit. Beside me, a young man is already in his seat. He doesn't wear the army uniform, however his camo backpack and shaved head gives me clues. I settle myself in, and grab a magazine.


I look at him.

He looks at me.

We both turn away, him to the window and me to the shiny pages. I glance over at his ipod. A Cinderella Story is playing. Interesting choice for a man who looks how he does. He has three tattoos. A cross in a circle with star-like designs on one arm. Chinese symbols that say something along the lines of 'I fear no more' on the other arm. And a design I didn't quite get a good look at on his forearm.

I hate flying, he says.

Why? I reply.

He says nothing for a moment. Then, I'd rather be on the ground.

He tells me about himself.

It took him 5 1/2 years to graduate highschool because he dropped out and was caught up in drugs. He is the tank gun loader and he's from Minnesota. He has a picture of a half naked girl on his phone.

The plane lands and we get off.

I tell him bye.

I don't even know his name.

1 Confessions:

Jennings said...

this is interesting! i want to know more about him. like why the freak was he watching a hilary duff movie? haha what does the naked girl mean? lol.

Post a Comment